Tuesday 1 September 2009

Mickey Rourke thanks God for saving his life


Actor Mickey Rourke has credited God and the Catholic Church for his recovery from addictions and restored career. Speaking at the Sarajevo Film Festival, the star said he almost committed suicide but ‘God gave me a second chance in life and I thank him.’ Rourke made his name with action movies and the erotic ‘Nine and a Half Weeks’ film in the 1980s, but left acting for boxing, during which time he became a drug addict and alcoholic. More recently he has resurrected his movie career, culminating in a Golden Globe for ‘The Wrester’ this year. In 2005 it was reported that he was feeling suicidal and had begun meeting with a pastor in New York, saying: ‘If I weren’t Catholic I would have blown my brains out.’

Source: Catholic News Agency (25/8)

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/

No comments: