Monday 8 December 2008

Presidents and Vice-Presidents at Swanwick

What a delight it was to visit the President's and Vice-President's blog tomight and discover a galaxy of Presidents and Vice-Presidents photographed at their (first) historic gathering at Swanwick recently, although I failed to locate Tom Stuckey, Leslie Griffiths or Dudley Coates among those wonderfully familiar faces.

I would love to have had a tape-recording of the conversations and discussions that took place there, but I'm sure we will be given the benefit of some of this as time goes on for I understood that this was the idea of the gathering.

It lifts my heart and makes me proud to have been a humble member of the Methodist Church through the years when so many of them led us at Conference and through their following year in office.

We owe so much to our leaders, past and present, and so I give thanks to God for all leadership in the past and look forward to hearing much more from them in the future as they share their vision for the 21st Century Methodist Church and the wider ecumenical witness.

No comments: