Tuesday 24 February 2009

Urgent appeal for Braille Bibles

Odile Ouedraogo was 18 when she encountered the Bible in Braille for the first time.
‘I cannot believe it!’ she cried. ‘I can read with my fingers in my language. This gives me such strength!’

Someone goes blind every five seconds.
314 million people in the world are either blind or cannot see clearly
The Bible in Braille lets people read God’s life-changing message for themselves, at their own pace, in their own way.

Find out how to make this happen at biblesociety.org.uk/braille or by calling 01793 418222.

Please pray:
‘I used to cheat in my exams, now I don’t,’ said 14 year old Adisa.
He is one of thousands of Ghanaian school students who have received Bibles as part of the ambitious project to distribute a million Bibles to Ghana’s youth.

Please keep Bible Society in your prayers by downloading our weekly prayers at
biblesociety.org.uk/prayers

No comments: